Re: Testing migration doesn't check build-depends?

On 12/05/08 at 17:32 +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
>
>> Yes, this is normal behaviour: britney (the testing migration script)
>> doesn't check build-dependencies. I don't know if it is release-team
>> intention to change this in the future or not, but it is how it's working
>> right now.
>
> Sorry for a stupid question, but how is it ensured in the Debian project
> that all packages in stable are buildable in stable? Won't such migration
> create problems later? I.e., won't "FTBFS in testing now" translate to
> "FTBFS in stable-security a few months later"?

By doing test rebuilds, and filing bugs. Note that making britney track
build-deps doesn't ensure that packages aren't failing to build in
testing. It just guarantees that packages will find all their
build-dependancies in testing, and won't fail to build because their
b-deps won't be satisfiable. But they might fail later.