Re: HPPA and lenny

On Sunday 14 December 2008 00:07 Peter Palfrader wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while discussing the state of our infrastructure among some members
> of DSA and the security team we once more realized how badly hppa was
> doing.  First concerns about this architecture were raised at least
> half a year ago, and it doesn't appear as if we are any closer to
> resolving them.  It doesn't look good at all.
>
> We do have two autobuilders, but one of them is currently down for
> whatever
>
> reason (and the rsys excuse for remote management is a joke):
> | [17208343.620000] awk (pid 1061): Protection id trap (code 27) at
> | 00000000400b4763 [17208343.712000] Backtrace:
> | [17208343.740000]
>
> (that's the complete output.)
>
> This may or may not be related to the issue where everytime something
> even remotely related to ruby gets close to the system they lock up.
>
> At least the (random) crashing issue has to be fixed if hppa wants
> to release with lenny.
>
> We already had this discussion in June and again in October but I
> don't think anything came from it.
>
> Having little to no buildd redundancy is currently hurting us even
> for etch as security updates are missing for at least perl.
>
> (Also, the porter machine is currently down.  We cannot reach it over
> the network and the serial console is just dead.)
>
> With my DSA hat on I can say that we will not be able to provide
> porter machines and buildd systems if they are not capable of running
> reliably.
>
> Again, if you want to release with lenny *you* will have to fix that.
>
> Cheers,
> weasel
> --
>
>                            |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
>
>       Peter Palfrader      | : :' :      The  universal
>  http://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System
>
>                            |   `-    http://www.debian.org/

Hi @all,

I have here an old and also slow HP D360/2 running an up to date Debian
5.0 (unstable/testing) with running the debian kernel
linux-image-2.6.26-1-parisc-smp.

If anyone is interested in this machine for using it as buildd or porter
machine he/she can have it for free.
The machine is at Bielefeld/Germany and can bee seen here:

http://juergen.leibner.eu/downloads/computer/IMG_2932.JPG
http://juergen.leibner.eu/downloads/computer/IMG_2931.JPG
http://juergen.leibner.eu/downloads/computer/IMG_2930.JPG
http://juergen.leibner.eu/downloads/computer/IMG_2929.JPG
http://juergen.leibner.eu/downloads/computer/IMG_2928.JPG

Some documentations are available too.
If someone wants to have a first look online to the machine or just
needs more informations, just ask.

Greetings, Jürgen Leibner

--
Jürgen Leibner