Re: More frequent dinstall runs and mirror pushes

On Friday 05 December 2008, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> as the subject says, we are planning to increase the frequency of
> dinstall[1] runs. Our current plan is to have 4 runs a day, switching
> From the current [07|19]:52 schedule to the new [01|07|13|19]:52
> schedule. All times are in UTC.

Please be aware that mirror syncs are known to break new installations
because metadata (checksums) is temporarily inconsistent or because
package lists do not match available packages.

It's possible this only happens for mirrors that don't use the "right" set
of tools for their updates, but it is a real issue.

Increasing mirror syncs will increase random installation failures.

Cheers,
FJP