apertium t-p-u upload

Hello, apertium maintainer and uploader. I've seen that after uploading
apertium 3.0.7+1-2~lenny1 to t-p-u, you recently uploaded 3.0.7+1-3.

In general, please don't upload to t-p-u packages without the release
team acknowledging the changes first.

Also, in this case, the version number you used is wrong: you must use a
version number that is greater than the current version in testing, but
smaller than the version of the package in testing. You would need
something like 3.0.7+1-2~lenny2, please use that in the next upload.

As a small detail, your changelog for -3 reverses the order of the
3.0.7+1-1.1 and 3.0.7+1-2 entries (so that chronological order is not
preserved). Please make sure you fix that in the next upload as well.

Finally, about the changes themselves, I spoke with Miguel that the
"Provides: apertium-pcre1" business I proposed was not material for
Lenny. However, and kudos for that, this upload of yours made me realize
that if we don't do something, then partial upgrades from lenny to
squeeze are going to break.

The minimal solution is this diff:

 Package: apertium
-Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, lttoolbox (>= 3.0.0), libxml2-utils (>= 2.6.24)
+Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, lttoolbox (>= 3.0.0), libxml2-utils (>= 2.6.24), libpcre3 (<< 7.8)

And then, in squeeze packages, make apertium Conflict/Break all the
language packages (there is no other way, really, as far as I can tell).

As you can see, you don't need to do as you did in this upload:

   Depends: libpcre3 (>= 7.4), libpcre3 (<< 7.8), libpcrecpp0 (>= 7.4), libpcrecpp0 (<< 7.8)

In the first place, the ">=" dependencies are already added via the
shlibs mechanism, so they are redundant (and potentially wrong).
Secondly, it's enough to have the "<<" dependency on libpcre3 and not
libpcrecpp0, since the later can't be upgraded without upgrading the
former.

Also, just doing the << business in apertium is enough, since the
language files depend on it.

---

I hope you find all this helpful. Please prepare a new upload
incorporating all these comments, reply to this mail attaching a diff,
and upload once I've said it's ok to do so.

Thanks in advance,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

«¡Pero si es tan español que debe de tener el cerebro en forma de botijo,
con pitorro y todo!»
                -- Javier Cercas, “La velocidad de la luz”