Please allow base-files in lenny, and a question

I'd like to see this in lenny, before I upload "5.0 final release for lenny"

base-files (4.0.6) unstable; urgency=low

  * Changed the way wtmp, btmp and lastlog are handled. They are no longer
    recreated at every base-files upgrade. Instead, they are only created
    once, when base-files is installed by debootstrap. It is really not
    base-files business to fiddle with those files, as it is documented
    that removing them is the standard way to disable logging to them.
    Closes: #488376.

 -- Santiago Vila <sanvila@debian.org>  Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:34:12 +0100

This is not a grave bug but I've decided to fix it for lenny because
it's undesirable, ugly, and causes real harm of the type that the user
can't override by modifying config files or doing similar things
(postinst files may not be diverted yet).

The question: I've heard somewhere that the stable release team had
the intention of having /etc/issue showing not only the version number
but also the exact point release which is installed, during lenny
future lifetime as stable.

I assume this will be implemented by uploading .lenny.x-suffixed
versions of base-files to stable-proposed-updates several days before
each point release happens. Only /etc/issue and /etc/issue.net would
be changed in these base-files stable updates.

Therefore it seems the logical thing to do is for lenny release 0
to have an /etc/issue (and issue.net) which reads "5.0r0"

Please confirm that this is correct.

Thanks.