Re: Possibility for dependencies against specific kernel modules

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 07:48:41PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> I guess one solution could be to have virtualbox-ose not depend on
> virtualbox-modules, but on virtualbox-ose-modules-$ABI.

Building vbox modules from lme makes no real sense to me because lme is not
supposed to be reupped for each new version of virtualbox. On the other hand
building them with virtualbox-ose makes no sense because vbos is not supposed
to be reupped for each new kernel.

How about adding a new package, virtualbox-ose-modules-2.6, mirroring lme only
for the virtualbox modules? This package could be handled by teh virtualbox
team? I spend enough time debugging that I know lme quite well and Panthera is
a member of both teams, so technically this shouldn't be a problem.

I CCed debian-release to learn whether this is okay for Lenny.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Go VfL Borussia! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!