Please consider updating lcdproc to 0.5.2-1.2 in testing

Howdy,

I am aware this might be late, but lcdproc as not been updated in Debian
stable since at least Sarge, except for a minor Debian revision (was 0.4.5-1
in Sarge... still is 0.4.5-1.1 in Lenny). I once hoped it would be updated,
as it was once in freeze exception, but it is still back to freeze.

Now some of the most easy-to-buy LCD displays in my area (France) still cannot
run with a testing package. I have owned an imon LCD/IR receiver for more
than a year, and am still forced to pinpoint lcdproc-0.5.2-1.2 from Sid in
order to make it work (which it does very well in my case) on my Lenny HTPC ;
major "excuse" seeming to be a version mismatch, as it has not yet been built
on s390.

According to lcdproc's homepage ( http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/index.php3 ),
0.4.5 series has been released in april 2004... which by the coming of the
after-next Stable, aka Squeeze, in something like at least 2 years, will make
a 6/7-year old package in Lenny : very old for something bringing new
hardware support.

There is still an RC bug (#400066), but with a patch attached in the last
message, supposed to correct troubles for all architectures, except S390.

Could by any chance something be made, about this problem ?

Regards.

Tuomas