Re: Please allow python2.5 2.5.2-11.1 in lenny

Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de> (03/10/2008):
> Please allow python2.5 2.5.2-11.1 in lenny. It fixes
> #499132: Add separate Linux platforms for alpha, hppa, mips, mipsel, sparc
>
> The patch for #499132 is smaller than it looks, each platform is
> largely copied from the general Linux version.

Which (AFAICT) leads to some FTBFSes. See blender/mipsel[1] (for
security upload), and matplotlib as reported by Kumar[2] on -python@. I
guess some other packages could be affected, maybe that small patch is
having larger side-effects than those two packages.

(Note that I won't argue that anything is perfect in blender, especially
not its build system, so I guess I'm on my way to patch it again; just
trying to point the possible larger-scale effects.)

 1. http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=blender;ver=2.46%2Bdfsg-5;arch=mipsel;stamp=1225089679
 2. http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2008/10/msg00018.html

Mraw,
KiBi.