Re: Consider tagging #502858 lenny-ignore (was: Re: aptitude: changelog entry malformed)

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 12:08:38AM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> > How about just fixing that changelog entry instead of having this
> > discussion? Or am I missing something here that makes the fix not an
> > extremely trivial one?
>
> It does seem a trivial fix to me, but only for a specific class of
> people (i.e. the package maintainers, who have the missing data to
> complete the entry).

Agreed. Thats why *I* can't fix it. Anyways I don't see why big discussions
or spending time with it (preparing an upload, asking for unblock,
unblocking it) by different parties are neccessary if a lenny-ignore
would be enough for NOW. Especially because the bug does not really have
any effect on tools used to process the changelog (for example
parsechangelog works flawless with the tool, appearently packages.d.o do
so, too). Its not so that I asked the maintainer to not fix it.

Regards,
Patrick