[inkscape] Impossible to change font if ttf-bitstream-vera is not installed.

severity 496784 grave
retitle 496784 Impossible to change font without ttf-bitstream-vera installed.
thanks

Hi all,

I just wasted half an hour at work on that problem: if the default font
(Bitstream Vera) is not installed, Inkscape will not let the user switch
to another font. Everything is explained in the following Launchpad bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/218502

While it does not impair some usages of Inkscape, we will get tons of
complaints if we do not fix it in Lenny. I propose to upload an update
in which inkscape recommends ttf-bitstream-vera (I can NMU if it helps).

If you do not like the idea, I propose to submit a patch to the release
notes instead.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy