The status of pyopengl

Hi,

I’m currently wondering whether pyopengl is suitable for the release in
its state.

I’m seeing several crashes when running glchess with 3D enabled, most of
which relate to #498403 but other ones that have also been fixed in more
recent upstream releases. I was thinking of uploading a NMU specific to
#498403, but it seems insufficient.

The situation looks much better with 3.0.0~b5-1, currently sitting in
experimental. At least I can play a complete game without seeing it
crash.

Currently, glchess has the 3D support disabled because of that. However
this game does nothing very complicated and I wonder whether other
applications using pyopengl are usable at all.

Thoughts anyone?
--
 .''`.