pre-upload review for xserver-xorg-video-intel

Hi,

I've looked at upstream git for fixes that we probably want in the intel
X driver for lenny, and pushed what I came up with to [1].  I'd like to
get the opinion of some release team member on this before I push to the
main repo and upload (review from debian-x people would be welcome too,
of course).
Changelog entry and diffstat follow, let me know if I should post the
diff on the list or if pointing to the git repo works for you.

xserver-xorg-video-intel (2:2.3.2-2+lenny5) UNRELEASED; urgency=low

  * Cherry-pick some more patches from upstream git:
    - Disable display clock gating for 4 series chips
    - Pipe A force quirk for Toshiba Satellite A30.
    - i830: Fix timer leak
      TimerCancel just cancels the timer: it still leaves the TimerRec intact
      and unfreed.
    - Disable render standby
      Render standby is known to cause possible hang issue on some mobile
      chips, so always disable it.
    - Add support for G41 chipset
      G41 is another 4 series chipset like G45/43.
    - Add Cappuccino SlimPRO SP625F to no LVDS quirks list
      Looks like this platform might contain VBTs that indicate an LFP is
      present even though it isn't.  Intended to fix bz #11368.
    - Add TV out quirk for HP Compaq nx6110
      Adds a TV out quirk for HP Compaq nx6110.  Fixes bz #17683.
    - Do force CRT detect sequence twice on 4 series chipset
    - Render register clock gating disable fix on 4 series chipset
    - Disable frame buffer compression by default for GM965.
      We haven't found a way to make FBC work reliably with GM965 yet, (it
      often fails to notice CPU writes). This appears to be a specific problem
      with this device, (as we haven't gotten similar bug reports for
      subsequent devices such as GM45). So FBC is now disabled by default for
      GM965 but can still be enabled with the FrameBufferCompression option
      for experimenting/debugging
    - Fix broken stolen memory counting on G4X (closes: #502387).
      On the GM45 we were assuming too little stolen memory (mostly harmless,
      except when it wasn't, until the AGP fix), and on the G45 we were
      assuming too much stolen memory, which was quite harmful when we touched
      the page that didn't get mapped.
    - XAA tiling support was mis-computing adjusted pitch (>>4 instead of >>2)
      This may well explain why XAA never worked well on tiled front buffers;
      tiled buffers require a different pitch programming on 965 than
      non-tiled buffers, in dwords rather than bytes
    - Handle differently tiled front/back/depth/third in DRI window management
      When moving or clearing the extra buffer contents associated with DRI
      windows, the XAA code needs to see which buffer is being manipulated in
      the Setup functions to program the tiling values correctly. Calling
      I830SelectBuffer and not then calling I830Setup... would result in
      mis-tiled rendering
  * Adjust patch 01_gen_pci_ids.diff to exclude G41 as well, so vesa is chosen
    by default.  The intel driver can still be selected in xorg.conf.

 -- Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>  Sat, 18 Oct 2008 15:41:04 +0200

$ git diff -M --stat xserver-xorg-video-intel-2_2.3.2-2+lenny4
 debian/changelog                   |   47 +++++++++++++
 debian/patches/01_gen_pci_ids.diff |    4 +-
 src/common.h                       |    7 ++-
 src/i810_driver.c                  |    4 +
 src/i810_reg.h                     |    6 ++
 src/i830.h                         |    9 ++-
 src/i830_accel.c                   |    9 ++-
 src/i830_crt.c                     |   11 +++
 src/i830_driver.c                  |   50 +++++++++++---
 src/i830_quirks.c                  |    7 ++
 src/i830_xaa.c                     |   10 ++--

[1] http://git.debian.org/?p=users/jcristau/xserver-xorg-video-intel.git
(debian-unstable branch)

Thanks in advance,
Julien