Re: unblock of lustre 1.6.5.1-3

Patrick Winnertz wrote on Thursday 09 October 2008 at 14:58:28:
> Hello Release Team!
>
> Would it be possible to let a newer lustre version into lenny (1.6.5.1-3 vs
> 1.6.5.1-2 )
> -3 will fix one huge error concerning usabillity for lustre servers. The
> patch which was allowed to migrate last time was not completly correct:
> Under some circumstances this patch leads to  an unknown symbol in module
> error. This makes then the complete server part of lustre useless.  The fix
> is a very small one.. only two small typos.
>
> Furthermore this patch adds three more lines of codes concerning inode
> locking.
> As iget() on some point in the kernel we have to use there iget_locked
> together with a small if condition. [1].
As someone told me that the patch is quite confusing with the many lines of
change because of timestamps I shortened the patch to the relevant part
(mainly by deleting the unimportant hunks).
This patch is available here:
http://people.debian.org/~winnie/lustre-diff.patch

Hope this helps

Greetings
Winnie
--
 . '' ` .   Patrick Winnertz <winnie@debian.org>
:  :'   :   proud Debian developer, author, administrator, and user