Re: severity of 442668 is serious

* Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> [080926 05:50]:
> # we want to get rid of db4.3
> severity 442668 serious

Could I please get any explanation for this?

The only reason I'm not instantly reverting that change and requesting
it to not be touched before lenny is released is that is was done by
someone in the release team, so I'm willing to concede I might miss some
bits from an larger picture noone told me about.

Is this a request to make a last-minute disruptive change upload before
the release (it might only be a few chars in the source, but I'd be less
frightened about several hundered untested line changes than the change
from one libdb version to another frommy experience with those)?

If yes, then please express this explicitly and I'll do an according
upload.

IF this is a target by the release team, I really want to ask for some
improved documentation of such issues the next time. Escalating a
maintainer request (without any action from the maintainers on my
requests for helping the transition with an backport so I can do the
switch before lenny release (mostly only irc, though)), to some release
issue silently is not what I deem a prior notice.

If it is not and just some mistake, please ignore my angry reply and
tell me that I can switch severity back till lenny release...

Thanks in advance,
	Bernhard R. Link