Re: remove libphp-phplot and acidlab from lenny

On 2008-09-17 00:19:19.00 Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> wrote:
> I don't know what QA thinks, but my opinion from a release point of view > is that is sounds appropriate to remove it unless you (as the maintainer) > have a more qualified opinion/reasons that it should stay for Lenny. Is
> that the case?

I think that if acidlab is removed a clear upgrade path to the available fork (acidbase) should be defined. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do
implement one right now.

I should note that it has 30-something popcon installation and that the "available fork" has been in there for more than two years and in particular for a full release cycle. There is no reason for the Debian project to keep old, unmaintained (hey, your package was uninstallabe for more than a year without you giving two seconds of thought to it) junk around just because the people not maintaining it don't offer the migration plan that noone else will implement for the thirty people who didn't notice it's obsolete. Saying you don't have time for it "right know" is quite outrageous. acidlab hasn't even had the chance to get any serious testing in lenny because it wasn't available, so Debian shouldn't release it. No-one cared to implement a transition path during at any time during the release cycle, it must not be such a great priority.

Kind regards

T.