Re: Please unblock sbuild

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 03:07:06PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> I'm aware that this includes more than just bugfixes, but all of this
> work was done to get sbuild into the best shape possible for Lenny; I
> just didn't have the time to meet the freeze deadline, and I really
> wouldn't want Lenny users to use 0.57.4-1 because there are a number
> of serious bugs in that that make it break under very common use
> cases.

I've had a look and would probably accept some of the changes in the
package, but a couple of:
 -#!/bin/bash
 +#!/usr/bin/perl
changes really are a no-go.

As you don't want 0.57.4-1 in Lenny, we now need to look at removal or
an update via t-p-u to fix specific changes. As a guide, start with just
the bug fixes and documentation changes, or very low risk items (eg:
simply adding a --help to a pre-existing Getops stanza would be fine.

Cheers,
Neil
Q. Why is top posting bad?
gpg key - http://www.halon.org.uk/pubkey.txt ; the.earth.li B345BDD3