Re: Advice re gdebi

Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> It looks like the problems with the quality of gdebi's GUI interfaces
> are persisting.  There are currently two quite severe bugs open
> against the gdebi binary package one of which is clearly RC.

This isn't reflected through the bug status, it seems. I see #493352,
which you downgraded - what's the other bug you are talking about?

> gdebi's command line feature is important for my automated package
> testing system, autopkgtest, which I have just been able to get going
> again running on testing at home precisely because gdebi is back in
> testing.  So I am keen to keep the gdebi command line tool (in the
> gdebi-core binary package) in lenny.

> At some point it will be necessary to bail on the gui functionality.

Is there no reasonably non-invasive way to fix it? People seem to love
GUI interfaces for trashing their system.

> Is there a problem with having the sources to gdebi in lenny produce
> the non-working gdebi binary package, which should not be in lenny if
> it continues to be useless ?

If the GUI isn't usable and not fixable, you should do another upload
disabling the GUI.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt (176: NT-Consulter)
       italienische Ledertreter, Achselschweiß. Erklärt Probleme dadurch, daß