Re: Please unblock avahi 0.6.23-2

Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 03:52:00AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> Well, so the current solution breaks all of file-rc, sysv-rc, and insserv;
> is unnecessary for insserv (because the sequence numbers don't need to be
> reset for a dependency-based init system); and there's another way to handle
> sysv-rc.

This statement is incorrect. The current solution does update the
priorities for all three implementations [*], it doesn't preserve local
modifications though.

That's the pain of trying to support multiple implementations half-assed
instead of one fully.

Michael

[*] Although insserv determines the start priorities dynamically, it can
be necessary to use the remove + add approach, i.e. if you change what
runlevels a service is started or stopped. See also the discussion about
not stopping services in 0/6. If you remove those runlevels from
Default-Stop:, insserv will not automatically remove the symlinks from
those runlevels. I fwiw consider this a but in insserv, see #477415

universe are pointed away from Earth?