Re: movabletype-opensource upcoming uploads

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 01:13:03AM +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 12:02:47AM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> > Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> >
> > > I just wanted to check with the release team about the state of
> > > movabletype-opensource.
> >
> > > However, ideally I would like to ship the final 4.2 release with lenny.
> > > Upstream are planning one more release candidate (probably) and then a
> > > final release towards the end of July. This is after the advertised
> > > freeze; however I anticipate the delta between rc4 and final to be quite
> > > small, and to only contain bugfixes.
> > >
> > > Would a freeze exception for rc4 and/or the final release package be
> > > approved, if required?
> >
> > It depends on what the changes are, how big they are and how much risk
> > of breakage there is when the package is frozen... If it are only
> > bugfixes chances are big we would consider it.
>
> 4.2 has now been released, a bit later than hoped.
>
> Comparing 4.2~rc4-1 with 4.2-1 is a bit tedious because of a perltidy
> run by upstream and a large number of translation updates.
>
> If we look at the upstream repository
> http://code.sixapart.com/svn/movabletype/branches/release-42/
> and generate two diffs representing changes between rc4 and final:
>
> r2834:2876
> r2877:2922
>
> (ie ignoring the perltidy) and manually excluding doc/translations
> changes and changes in the test suite then we get the slightly more
> palatable diff attached:

> Also notable is that Movable Type have mentioned several security issues
> being fixed in rc5, though they aren't too specific:
>
> http://www.movabletype.org/2008/08/movable_type_42_rc5_and_security_updates.html
>
> Given all this, the low popcon count and lack of reverse dependencies,
> and the fact that Six Apart do a *lot* of their own QA, I think that the
> final package is a suitable candidate for lenny.

Hi,

Without wishing to hassle, I just wanted to check that this hadn't been
forgotten about (since it was a reply to an old thread).

I'm away for a week from this afternoon in case there are any further
questions, but the package is otherwise ready to migrate.

Cheers,
Dominic.