Re: Doing some stable QA work

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 01:41:26AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:

> I had the idea to go through the list of RC bugs currently
> believed by the BTS to affect stable and do some cleanup
> work:

>  * Fix version information
>  * Mark by etch-ignore bus that are not affected in stable
>    for reason independent from their version (e.g. GCC 4.3
>    FTBFS)
>  * Compile a list for the maintainers and the SRM for packages
>    that could need a stable upload.

> Feel free to contact me if you would like to help or if you
> spot any problems with my work.

Well, "etch-ignore" implies that the bug has been given a pass by the
release team for that release.  I think you rather want to tag the bug
"lenny+sid" to indicate the bug is not present in etch.

But I'm glad to see this done - it's a pity that my dear etch is being so
maligned in the bug graphs ;)