Re: including atlas in lenny

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 11:13:33AM +0200, Ondrej Certik wrote:

> the atlas package was uploaded:

> http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/atlas.html

> which fixes this RC (ftbfs) bug:

> would it be please possible to include it in lenny?

> There is a problem though that it has problems building on some
> architectures like alpha:

> http://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=atlas

> But it works on i386, amd64 and most others. Is this a showstopper?

Yes:

  4. Autobuilding
  [...]

	Packages must autobuild without failure on all architectures on
	which they are supported. Packages must be supported on as many
	architectures as is reasonably possible. Packages are assumed to
	be supported on all architectures for which they have previously
	built successfully. Prior builds for unsupported architectures
	must be removed from the archive (contact -release or ftpmaster
	if this is the case).

http://release.debian.org/lenny/rc_policy.txt

atlas has significant reverse-dependencies, removing it from alpha is not
acceptable to me with my alpha hat on.

Since we don't appear to have an alpha porter machine on-line now (meh), I
can take a look at reproducing this and get some more info about where the
segfault lies, but not today because my alpha seems to be off-line back home
and I have to wait for Patty to reboot it.