Freeze exception for Bacula 2.4.2-1 sought

Hi,

I have uploaded Bacula 2.4.2-1 to unstable just now.  Compared to
2.4.1-1, which is in testing right now, upstream has fixed several bugs
including one I'd call RC, in which the Bacula storage daemon crashes
during a restore.

Also, I have corrected an RC bug in the Debian packaging relating to the
MySQL director package, which rendered it uninstallable.  While
correcting that bug, I discovered another related (but unreported) RC
bug (which would occur more rarely), which I also corrected.

Bacula upstream is conservative about what they put into point releases,
which are generally bugfixes only.

Source package is bacula 2.4.2-1.  I have also built and uploaded
bacula-doc 2.4.2-1.  For consistency, it ought to go into lenny as well.
 There are no substantive changes to that package other than version
numbers of Bacula stamped in the manual.

Changelog for bacula below.

Please CC me on replies as I am not subscribed to this list.

Thanks,

-- John Goerzen

bacula (2.4.2-1) unstable; urgency=high

  * Fix sed pattern in debian/rules to correctly remove
    'USE ${db_name};' from the MySQL command tables.  This prevented
    bacula-director-mysql from being installed properly and was thus RC.
    Closes: #441995, #489578.
  * While investigating the above problem, also discovered 'USE bacula;'
    statements in some upgrade tables.  This would cause the upgrade of
    bacula-director-mysql to fail for anyone that had their MySQL
    database named something other than "bacula".  Added pattern to fix
this.
  * New upstream release is a bugfix release, and fixes these issues:
    + 2.4.1 included an unintentional debug statement whose purpose
      was to crash the storage daemon.  This was triggered during a restore
      at the end of a tape.  Fixed in 2.4.2 (upstream bug 1125).  When the
      SD is crashed, no backups or restores can be performed until it is
      restarted.
    + During a multi-tape restore, Bacula could incorrectly attempt
      to reread the same tape.  (Upstream bug 1126)
    + bcopy no longer reads too many records (upstream bug 1107)
    + Now sets a large timeout on MySQL databases to prevent trouble
      with the connection timining out before data gets inserted.
      Upstream bug 1034.
    + There are also some other minor bugfixes and win32 changes upstream
      in this release, which of course don't impact Debian.

 -- John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>  Mon, 04 Aug 2008 09:22:36 -0500