Re: please remove icedove/2.0.0.14-1/armel from testing

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 03:11:06PM +0300, Riku Voipio wrote:
> This might actually be a job for ftpmaster removals (since
> the testing hints is not aware of archs?), but I'll ask for
> feeback forst.

Architecture removals are done by the ftp team.

> Until icedove is based on xulrunner-1.9, icedove wont work
> on armel. The old version in testing crashes on armel,
> and the new version in unstable doesn't even build.

Is there a reason why you don't fix the actual problem (-fshort-wchar)
and don't even mention here that the cause of the build problem is
actually known?

> By removing armel version from testing, icedove will be able
> to migrate to testing (fixing a RC bug and a good bunch of
> security bugs). Freeze exception needed too, it seems.

The build failure is an RC bug on its own.

Bastian

--
Deflector shields just came on, Captain.