Re: unblocking partman-multipath

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> writes:

> * Otavio Salvador [Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:28:24 -0300]:
>
>> > Hi,
>> > please unblock partman-multipath. There's no version in lenny yet. This
>> > way folks building custom installers (due to #440675) can pull from
>> > lenny instead of sid.
>
>> Hello Guido,
>
>> Let's see if we can (I and you) produce a patch Parted's 1.8 branch
>> using the fixes we made for 1.9.
>
>> I won't upload 1.9 for Debian now and if we do it fast, after Parted
>> migrates to lenny, we might test it and try to get an
>> exception. However until that is done, I wouldn't like to have unused
>> udebs on lenny.
>
> Honest question: why? Does it have any negative impact?

Well, if it is not useful for the user why put it in lenny? If someone
needs to make a custom image with a compiled parted, he can grab that
udeb and put together. I see no gains in have it on lenny.

Guido is in the way of providing a proposed patch with that backported
from 1.9 version of parted. Depending on how deepth is that, I'll try
to get an exception for that from RT and then we'll have a proper
multipath support on lenny.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116