Re: Lenny frozen

Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 04:00:53PM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>> Now, so as not to have everyone contact us at once about packages we
>> know we won't approve, here are the guidelines for changes that will be
>> accepted into testing during the freeze:
>>

> I uploaded a new version of tbb a little over a week ago, but I am
> concerned because it is currently in NEW.  It does not meet any of the
> exception requirements, but it is a new upstream release.  The package
> is passing through NEW again because with the new upstream release Intel
> introduced doxygen documentation for the library, which I thought it was
> best to place into a seperate binary pacakge because of its size.

Right, though it's not as if the freeze came suddenly. As all, but a
very few, packages in NEW were processed till about a week ago, having
the package in NEW is a non argument IMHO.

> I'd like to request a freeze excpetion based on the following:
>
>  - relatively low popcon count (50; few users affected)
>  - the packages have been tested by the primary users (Athena Captial
>    Research) without reported issues
>  - tbb has no r-deps (except for amongst its own binary packages)
>  - The package has a history of being relatively bug free

You failed to point out what's wrong with the current version in
unstable/testing...

This probably won't be accepted a freeze exception.

Cheers

Luk