Re: New release of uw-imap prepared and uploaded to experimental

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Actually, I suspect you'd better keep it versioned for Asterisk: Asterisk needs features not available in earlier libc-client.

We can't do versioned depends on virtual packages.
Hm, I just remembered that we've had this discussion with the release team in the past and we didn't switch the dependency for exactly this reason :)

We can add a conflict against (each and every released version of) too old non-working libc-client, but I believe buildd's does not support that properly.
Ugh!

I intend to change to unversioned -dev package after Lenny (see my note in recent changelog entry of uw-imap), and _then_ you can add versioned depends.
OK then, commit reverted.

Thanks,
Faidon