[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: gnucash advice request

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 06:00:03PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> The bug new has a patch helpfully contributed, which would enable us
> finally to make this work, which is a crucial thing for German users.
> But I would much prefer to use what upstream gnucash will release
> itself, which is due the 21st of July.

Do you think that both ways will differ much (to the loss of our users,
especially wrt configuration options)?

If upstream will apply the supplied patch with changes, you could apply
it now and maybe detect and iron out some bugs.  If upstream will take a
different way I guess you could wait.  Considering that there are no
library changes involved, it looks fine from a freeze PoV[0].

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern

[0] It's right that full freeze will be shortly after library freeze,
    but considering how long many users waited for this feature, and
    how many used self-compiled packages, I think it's worth to get it
    in afterwards.
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                             Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                       Debian Release Assistant
`. `'   xmpp:phil@0x539.de
  `-    finger pkern/key@db.debian.org

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: