Re: 1st batch of binNMUs for GNUstep transition

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 15:51:22 +0200, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> said:

> Hubert Chathi wrote:
>> It looks like the core GNUstep libraries have been built on all
>> architectures.  Can you please schedule binNMUs for the following
>> packages:

> Not all uploaded for hppa and ia64 yet, though we can start once I get
> clarification about topics below:

>> - gnustep-netclasses
>> - pantomime1.2
>> - popplerkit.framework

> Doesn't look like these need to be binNMUed as no binary packages are
> directly depending on core gnustep libraries?

Yeah, there are some issues with GNUstep library linkages.  They end up
not linking (and hence not depending) on the core gnustep libraries.  I
guess they assumed that any application that linked against those
libraries would already be pulling in the core GNUstep libraries.  It's
on my todo list of things to fix, but I haven't fixed it yet.  However,
they still need to be rebuilt in order to work properly.

> What about agenda.app, cynthiune.app, helpviewer.app and
> projectmanager.app they seem to directly depend on core gnustep
> librarites, but were not included in your list?

cynthiune.app and projectmanager.app I uploaded a couple of days ago,
after the core GNUstep libraries were uploaded, so they may have been
built with the new ones.  I'll check them in a few days, and see if they
need rebuilding on any architectures.

agenda.app has a new upstream version that Yavor has said that he would
upload.  helpviewer.app, I am told, has some serious problems, which
Yavor has said he would try to fix.

--
Hubert Chathi <uhoreg@debian.org> -- Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA         http://www.uhoreg.ca/