Re: request for exception for popt

sean finney wrote:
> popt is currently blocking the transition of a number of packages, which
> includes compiz/compiz-fusion related packages which are currently in a
> horrible state in testing and in all other respects ready for a
> transition from sid to testing afaict.

The reason it is frozen is because it has a udeb, and I just see that the
last upload has a change in the udeb that significantly affects its size
(factor 6-10), but has not been discussed with the D-I team.

As such I don't think the package should be unblocked yet.

Paul: can you explain how locale data would be important in the context of
the installer? To be honest, I doubt it is...

libpopt seems to be used by libcrypt, so either Max Vozeler or David
Härdeman may have an opinion on this from the D-I side.

Thanks,
FJP