Re: libexiv2 New Upstream Release & soname bump

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Mark Purcell [Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:57:15 +1000]:
> > I'm planning on uploaded a new version of exiv2, which will include the
> > new package libexiv2-4 (due to an soname bump)
> >
> Please upload to unstable now, the sooner the better.

Hi Dato,

Saw your notice to d-d-a, so have uploaded exiv (0.17.1-1) to unstable and the
buildd's appear to be picking up up correctly:
http://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=exiv2

Could I ask d-r to schedule binNMU's against the rdepends of libexiv2:

libexiv2-2
Reverse Depends:
  ufraw
  qtpfsgui
  python-pyexiv2
  libkexiv2-3
  kphotoalbum
  gwenview
  gpscorrelate-gui
  gpscorrelate
  gnome-commander
  gimp-ufraw
  geeqie

> P.S.: Are you planning to upload ccrtp soon too?

Already done: libccrtp (1.6.1-1) & libzrtpcpp were uploaded and have
progressed through NEW.
http://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=libccrtp

However, please hold off on the transition. I intend to upload a new upstream
of libzrtpcpp (1.3.0), which does involve another ABI change & soname bump,
once libccrtp is installed on all architectures.

Once libzrtpcpp has built on all archs I'll request a binNMU for twinkle,
which is the main rdepends of these two.

Thanks,
Mark