Re: ignore bug 395252 'mplayer embeds ffmpeg' for lenny

hi

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:28:27PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> I'm afraid I can't accede to your request. This bug has been open since
> 25 Oct 2006. The etch-ignore tag was added 16 Dec 2006, where it was
> explicitly stated that it's RC for lenny.  I pinged the bug on 28 Mar
> 2008, to again state that it's RC for lenny.

May you please explain which part of the debian-policy, or which
release goal, it is violating?

> I'm concerned as to why there as been seemingly no progress in over a
> year to resolving this issue.

This is all explained in the long email I sent; anyway, let me summarize again.

Up to a 2008-05-19 , the version of ffmpeg-free in unstable was
totally incompatible with mplayer.

The new version of ffmpeg-free is based on a compatible code, but the
quilt patches disable a symbol that is needed to link to mplayer.

a.

--
Andrea Mennucc

"The EULA sounds like it was written by a team of lawyers who want to tell
me what I can't do, and the GPL sounds like it was written by a human
being who wants me to know what I can do."
Anonymous,    http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/420