Re: hppa release status

Kyle McMartin wrote:
> Anyway, I don't particularly much care for stable releases. I have no
> problems with HPPA being punted from lenny and existing only as sid, as
> long as people still take patches to fix the issues without the
> "release-critical bug" burden over their heads.
>
> Holding up Debian because of a minority of people with a small amount
> of time to work on things doesn't seem entirely fair.

This could mean losing D-I support for hppa.

The whole D-I infrastructure is built around having a usable testing. If
hppa abandons stable releases and thus is no longer included in testing,
I personally will immediately stop investing any energy in hppa D-I and
may argue for dropping it, especially if nobody else takes any interest.

I also doubt that Debian in general will allow architectures to only have
a presence in unstable. It's much more likely that hppa would at some
point be relegated to http://www.debian-ports.org/.

Cheers,
FJP