Re: hppa release status

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:

> Of course, this demands enough buildd power, and wanna-build access by
> (some of) the porters (or whatever else you consider appropriate).
> Moreover it needs quite a lot of time to track that closely, which the
> Release Team probably won't have on its own, so we will need hppa
> buildd-admin and hppa porters time, a lot.
>
> After the transition is done (and we can only hope it is in time for
> lenny), hppa could be added back to the normal architectures. Downside
> of this is of course that in case hppa is slower than lenny, lenny would
> be released without hppa.

Should the need arise, I can provide hppa buildd horsepower. I (pretty
much) know how to run a buildd[0], thanks to lamont, and I can give
root access to my cluster to whoever (provided minor trust checks)
needs it (lamont already has it).

Time is definitely something I have very little control over nowadays
tho, but I'll try my best ;P

HTH

T-Bone

[0] unless it has significantly changed in the last couple years: I
ran the first autobuild effort for hppa ubuntu, and I'm currently
running hppa/ia64/alpha autobuilders for debian-multimedia.org

--
Thibaut VARENE
http://www.parisc-linux.org/~varenet/