Re: binNMUs for libffi4 removal

A Mennucc wrote:
> Josselin Mouette ha scritto:
>>> Package: libffi4-dev
>>> Source: gcc-4.3
>>> Version: 4.3.0-3
>>> Provides: libffi-dev
>>>
>>> The only problem I can see is that it might be used instead of the real
>>> libffi-dev if it's already installed in the build chroot, but other than
>>> that I have no idea.
>> In all cases this is not a problem for packages getting a libffi4
>> dependency because of pygobject, because this dependency will simply
>> disappear.
>
> Not sure if I understand you here.

The binNMUs are so that packages build-depending on python-gobject-dev don't
build-depend on libffi*. That was because /usr/lib/pkgconfig/pygobject-2.0.pc
had libffi in Libs instead of Requires.private.

So what libffi*-dev package is installed is not an issue here, as those package
*don't* build-depend on libffi*-dev. But the rebuild will remove the unneeded
libffi dependency.

Cheers,
Emilio