Re: Removal of nikto

Luk Claes wrote:
> Paul Wise wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 4:50 AM, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> wrote:
>>
>>>  > Concerned  files are  plugins/*.db. They  are still  distributable along
>>>  > with nikto  so there is no  license violation. I have  been suggested on
>>>  > debian-legal to ask for removal for the next point release of Etch.
>>>
>>>  Please file a removal bug following the format described on [1].
>>>  [1] http://wiki.debian.org/ftpmaster_Removals
>> That page suggests that the SRMs are responsible for removals from stable.
>
> Yes, and one of them asks to file a bug...

To make this more clear: the Stable Release Team is responsible for
preparing and accepting the (Old)Stable Point Releases which consist of
updating, adding and removing packages (and sometimes updating d-i). The
FTP Team is responsible for actually doing the (Old)Stable Point
Releases. To ease the work from the FTP Team removal bugs should be
filed against ftp.debian.org. To ease the work from the Stable Release
Team they should be contacted about removals from (old)stable on this
list...

Cheers

Luk