Re: are 'important' bugs targets for NMU?

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 10:26:08PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Are 'important' bugs NMU targets? My reading of release.debian.org would
> suggest not.
>
> geda-* 1:1.4.0-* has just been set back from entering testing due to an
> NMU to fix an important (but not serious) bug. I'm a tad annoyed.

You could have named the package in question (geda-utils) and the bug
report in question (#434314), but well...

It is part of a Release Goal, thus severity important and 0-day NMU-able
if older than 10 days, especially if there was no maintainer response at
all since 16 May 2007, which is the case here.

Though I have to say that it would have been better, of course, not to
disrupt testing migrations.

Just contact me in private if you need the aging criteria waived,
*after* all builds arrived (i.e. if they arrive before the 10 days
have passed).

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                             Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                       Debian Release Assistant