Re: hdf5: Drop openmpi support on some architectures
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: hdf5: Drop openmpi support on some architectures
- From: "Francesco P. Lovergine" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:52:12 +0200
- Message-id: <20080331135212.GB26470@mithrandir>
- In-reply-to: <20080331124912.GD9275@localhost>
- References: <20080329230122.GC2803@localhost> <20080330091334.GA22460@localhost> <20080331014111.GJ22460@localhost> <20080331092706.GA30072@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org> <20080331124912.GD9275@localhost>
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 02:49:12PM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> * Bastian Blank <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2008-03-31 11:27]:
> > On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 03:41:11AM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> > > Note that I did not take the approach of adding an Architecture field for
> > > the libhdf5-openmpi-* package stanzas in debian/control.in. Instead this
> > > file is filtered through slice before generating the final debian/control.
> > The amount and names of packages included in the control file must not
> > change during the build. If you do that, you have to abort the build.
> I did not know that. Is that written somewhere in the Policy?
Indeed it is better adding arch limitations in the binary packages
sections in control.in, which is the change I will apply to the source.
Francesco P. Lovergine