Re: Maybe misconfigured mipsel buildd

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 03:52:04PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 15:33:28 +0100, Enrico Tassi wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 02:18:52AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > This is a broken package build, not a broken buildd.  Your package build
> > > should not be relying on the contents of $HOME.
> >
> > It is not, running HOME=/fake debuild -us -uc builds just fine on my
> > host.
>
> The ftbfs can be easily reproduced with:
> $ mkdir -m 000 /tmp/foo
> $ export HOME=/tmp/foo
> $ dpkg-buildpackage -B
>
> (i.e. the home dir does exist, but it's unreadable)

Thanks for the info, I was able to reproduce the bug, and what fails is
not the compilation, but the test I run after the compilation.

$ strings /usr/lib/libsvn_subr-1.so.1.0.0 | egrep '(HOME|.subversion/servers)'
 /etc/subversion/servers
 ~/.subversion/servers
 HOME

That is what I suspected, it is the svn library that tries to read/write
in the users home, not my package. I'll write a work-around, but it is
pretty silly to me that just mipsel buildds define HOME pointing to a
directory that exists but is not writeable...

Thanks to everybody
--
Enrico Tassi