Re: migrate to lenny: daemontools, ucspi-tcp

On 2008-03-18 Luk Claes <luk@zomers.be> wrote:
> Gerrit Pape wrote:
> > Hi, the lenny-migration update script currently considers the
> > daemontools and ucspi-tcp packages 'out of date'.  The packages in
> > unstable introduced the software into Debian/main, AFAIK there were no
> > previous versions in testing (an ucspi-tcp source package was available
> > in Debian/non-free, but has been renamed to ucspi-tcp-src).  Can anyone
> > take a look to have them properly migrated?

> Out of date means that they are not built on all architectures yet... as
> this is a precondition for them to transition to testing, this has
> indeed not happened yet...

Hello Luk,

Unless this has changed recently this wording is not completely
correct. Testing migration used to require that all binaries of
testing candidate architectures were in sync, i.e. built from the
same source version. It is perfectly fine to have a package only
available on i386 and amd64 e.g.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

daemontools fulfills this requirement:
ametzler@merkel:~$ dak ls daemontools
daemontools |   1:0.76-2 |      unstable | source, alpha, amd64, hurd-i386, i386, ia64, m68k, powerpc, s390, sparc

Bitney thinks otherwise, though:
http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=daemontools
daemontools is not yet built on i386: 0.76-9 vs 1:0.76-2 (missing 2 binaries:
daemontools, daemontools)

It seems to mix up the new package daemontools (binaries
daemontools-run and daemontools, version 1:0.76-2) and the old contrib
packages daemontools-installer (binary daemontools-installer, removed
from sid and lemnny, version 0.76-9 is in etch and oldstable).

cu andreas
so grateful to you.'