Re: gfortran release goal?

Am Samstag, den 16.02.2008, 13:16 +0200 schrieb Riku Voipio:

> As noted by the latest gfortran transition update[1] by Kumar Appaiah,
> the transition is now in full swing. The complex packages lower in
> dependency chain have been uploaded to unstable, and for the rest
> of packages bugs/patches have been filed.
>
> Our main problem remains unresponsive maintainers. We suggest promoting
> gfortran transition to a official release goal, so we can start
> more aggresively NMU'ing packages.

Please do NOT NMU any packages maintained by the debichem team. These
packages are: mopac7, mpqc, libghemical and ghemical.

I summarized the current state at:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debichem-devel/2008-February/000566.html

We plan to do the transition in experimental to allow the openbabel
transition to proceed (waiting for gchempaint being built on mips). And
we want to get rid of the libf2c2-dependency of mopac7 as discussed in
#465723.

Regards, Daniel