Re: Please add following hint to block linux-2.6 until Beta1 is out

maximilian attems <max@stro.at> writes:

> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>>
>> Hello RM and SRM teams,
>>
>> I hereby ask for a block on linux-2.6 source package until d-i Beta1
>> gets out. If it migrates before we do the final images we can need to
>> delay d-i release.
>
> nacked as maintainer,
> you are blocking for more then 2 weeks linux-2.6 migration to testing.
> we need massife testing of 2.6.24 for etch+half, sid is not enough.
>
> also 2.6.22 was meant to be ready 4 month ago, sorry but
> that schedule is over.
>
>> As discussed[1] previously at debian-boot we've decided to stay at
>> 2.6.22 for this release and do a release as fast as possible with
>> 2.6.24.
>>
>> 1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2008/02/msg00012.html
>
> very bad decision 2.6.24 is needed for a lot of recent hardware,
> d-i doesn't install on those.

All your comments are right and that's why a Beta2 release is
scheduled for just after Beta1 is out.

The idea is to release Lenny Beta2 with bugfixes for Beta1 issues and
kernel update only.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116