Re: Debian 4.1 and Python 2.5

> From: =?utf-8?q?Adri=C3=A1n_Ribao_Mart=C3=ADnez?= <aribao@gmail.com>
> To: debian-python@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Debian 4.1 and Python 2.5
> Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:40:26 +0100
>
> Hello, I'd like to know if Python 2.5 will be the default version of python
> in Debian 4.1.
>
> Thank you.

Yes. If outstanding issues are solved; people want make you believe
that NMUs are enough to complete the transition. What needs to be
done:

 - Look for code which frees memory with PyMem_DEL, which was
   allocated with PyObject_NEW (must use PyObject_Del instead).
   Have done this for a few modules.  Care to search the archive
   and do the rest?

 - Make some packages build for all supported python versions, so
   that the transition is manageable. Done this wxwidgets2.6. Done
   this for subversion (but the package maintainers says that the
   package dependencies und b-d's are neglectable, just java, db,
   ruby, python, apache, neon, and else). Maybe somebody from the
   release team could argue with the package maintainer...

There were no activities after my mail from
http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2008/01/msg00227.html

I'll try to address these, but please don't expect those to be done
before Feb 23/24.

  Matthias