Re: freeze of packages that builds udebs

On Saturday 09 February 2008, Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 02:45:02AM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > Please consider all packages that builds udebs as frozen. We're
> > handling the beta1 releasing and would be better to be conservative
> > from now on.
>
> They all seem to be marked as blocked already. Are there any you know of
> that are missing?

No. The point is that since the release of Etch, RMs have been allowed to
set unblock hints for these packages _without_ consulting the D-I RM.

What Otavio is doing here is ending that policy and asking RMs to again wait
before unblocking packages with udebs until the D-I RM has verified that
that migration will not break the installer in testing (used for example in
the weekly CD builds).

So this is not about the block hints, it is about the procedure for adding
_unblock_ hints for blocked packages that have udebs and that someone wants
to migrate to testing (for example because of a maintainer request or for a
transition).

Hope that explains.

Cheers,
FJP