Re: Sarge r7 - what next?

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 10:56:30AM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Wed Jan 09, 2008 at 23:51:14 +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Can we work out what to do with Sarge next please? Right now, we don't
>> have working CDs nor any way to make them. Can we push r8 through with
>> just the small d-i update needed, or should I give up on sarge at this
>> point?
>>
>> (In case I'm not being clear, I'm not pointing fingers here or
>> anything, I'm just hoping we can work on getting stuff fixed.)
>
>The thing that needs to be done is just decrufting? Can someone please
>confirm that?
>
>If yes, we can have that quite easy and fast.

fjp's testing of the sarge CD images I created suggests more than that:

20:03 < fjp> Hmmm. netinst CD with 2.6 kernel gives: "no kernel modules found" because old D-I images are being used
20:04 < fjp> Seems like the correct images are on the servers, so looks as if they were not synced to farbror?
20:08 < fjp> Nope. Correct version is available.
20:16 < fjp> Looks like the CDROM image on the mirrors is not correct :_(
20:18 < fjp> Right. The correct version is still sitting in proposed updates.

d-i needs an update in the archive (20050317sarge2 is in
sarge-proposed-updates, we still have 20050317sarge1 in sarge).

Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?