Re: binNMUs for glib2.0 2.14.1-2

Hi Sebastian,

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 11:42:30PM +0200, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> Hi,
> please schedule binNMUs for glib2.0 2.14.1-2 on all archs against pcre3
> 7.3-2 (libpcre3-dev).
> The binNMU is needed because of broken shlibs (required to low version)
> in the previous pcre version and glib uses newer symbols than available
> in the old shlibs version.

The pcre 7.3-2 changelog says:

   * Increased shlibdeps from 4.5 to 6.0. 6.0 introduced a new function
     (pcre_compile2) to the API, so anything using that requires at least
     6.0. (Closes #441345)

But etch already had pcre 6.7-1, so surely there's no reason to worry about
getting (>= 6.0) in the dependencies for this one library in particular in
unstable?

Thanks,