Re: lost webmin?

On Tuesday 04 September 2007 02:56, Luk Claes wrote:
> Martijn Sanderse wrote:
> > I've noticed that package "webmin" dissapeared from the archive, what is
> > the reason for this?
>
> It was removed due to being outdated, unmaintained and having security
> issues.

Just to clarify, it's the "official" Debian package which no longer exists.
You can pick up a working .deb of webmin from Sourceforge.  Just go to
http://www.webmin.com/ and click on the Debian Package link.  Also remember
to check back regularly for security updates.

The difference between a working .deb and an "official" .deb is that an
"official" Debian maintainer has endured Debian's tedious hazing ritual.

--Mike Bird