Re: Please schedule a rebuild of gpe-contacts on all arches except amd64

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 20:24:25 +0200
Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:

> * Neil Williams [Sat, 25 Aug 2007 19:12:22 +0100]:
>
> > amd64 has had this successful rebuild:
> >  gpe-contacts (0.46-2+b1) unstable; urgency=low
> >  .
> >    * Binary-only non-maintainer upload for amd64; no source changes.
> >    * Rebuild against libeventdb2
>
> > Can this also be done all other arches?
>
> > http://buildd.debian.org/build.cgi?pkg=gpe-contacts
>
> If you visit precisely that link, you will see that such rebuilds have
> been *attempted* in all arches but only amd64 succeeded. The next step
> would be for somebody (eg. you) to determine why the builds failed, and
> whether they'd be successful if retried now (eg. by building yourself in
> a clean chroot).

They failed because of #435465 which was fixed on Sun, 12 Aug 2007 so
all attempted rebuilds prior to that date would fail because of that
bug.

Sorry, I should have realised that this wasn't covered in my original
email.

So the reason that the builds failed on everything except amd64 is that
only amd64 was attempted AFTER #435465 was closed.

--

Neil Williams