Re: Proposing a new APT upload

* Otavio Salvador [Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:03:22 -0300]:

> Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> writes:

> > Hello,

> > I've produced some patches that are now merged in APT branch and I and
> > Michael want to know if it's a good time for a new APT upload.

> I'd like to get some feedback on this, please.

Hello Otavio. Thanks for the re-ping, and for contacting us in the first
place.

At the moment there are no transitions involving apt or possibly
affected by apt, so any change it's fine.

(We normally care about changes when a package is part of a transition
which is in its final stage, because an upload makes the package not a
candidate, thus preventing the whole lot from migrating. In addition, we
like to know in advance about library soname changes, in order to assess
whether it'll be tied to other problematic transitions. Neither is the
case at the moment for apt, TTBOMK.)

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Will you just stand still?