Re: Proposed release goal : icon caches

(This subthread feels OT to Debian-release.. please direct any followups
to -devel or something.)

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Ubuntu already has a "dh_iconcache" AFAIK. What approach did they use? Is
> there anything for us to reuse?

Please see bug #369755.

> If this new mechanism is going to replace the mechanism invented by
> Ubuntu, it would make sense to reuse the same script name.

Not if it has a significantly different behavior. Also, I prefer to vet
debhelper script names before they are added to Debian, and dh_icons is
IMHO more appropriate, since it shouldn't be limited to icon cache
issues.

--
see shy jo