Re: Proposed release goal: Switch to dash as /bin/sh to speed up the boot

Otavio Salvador dixit:

>suggest you to produce a set of patches to implment it and proposed it
>to debian-devel and then as release goal (on another thread).

Hm, who is “you” in this case? For me, as mksh maintainer, it's “just”
important that all shells that CAN be used as /bin/sh have the exact
same set of debconf options and scripts to use that, as described in
the tutorial, and I'd like to know a) if we're going to implement that
and b) if so, who hacks it (so that the other shells' maintainers can
just copy it).

The other question is if I should continue offering the installation
as /bin/sh in mksh _until_ that issue is solved, with the existing
mechanism borrowed from dash.

//mirabile
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt